|Annual conventions or meetings are the highlight of any organization's year. And a communications campaign with a strong video component can capture the excitement for members, the industry and the public.
DWJ's convention services cover all the bases, from video for convention booths to blogger outreach and everything in between. And if you need something, special, we can figure out how to do it.
Here's our basic services list. You can choose one or all of them.
- Satellite Media Tours --Experts and/or celebrities attending the meeting are booked on morning shows to provide information that would interest the public. (Video Link here)
- Satellite News Feeds --The day's news-making events are wrapped into a video feed and stations are alerted that the feed is available for their use either via satellite or an FTP posting, which many stations now prefer.
- Webcasts --Convention events can be webcast to computers, cell phones and other mobile devices for people who cannot attend in person. (Video Link here)
- Live Shots --Politicians, executives or celebrities are interviewed via satellite from a particular pavilion. At the Biotechnology Industry Organization convention, for example, many governors wanted to speak to the folks back home from their state pavilions.
- Video Podcasts --Video podcasts can focus on a particular event or on individual interviews with experts about an issue of interest to the industry and/or the public. They can be offered to industry websites and posted on all of the popular video sites such as YouTube.
- Video for Convention Audiences --Video can be a strong component in the design of any convention booth. With video, you can demonstrate a process or show off a company. Video also can be used in break-out sessions where particular issues are up for discussion. Most convention video is planned well in advance, but it can be done quickly too. For three years running, we interviewed the young candidates for the Biotechnology Institute's annual competition the day before BIO opened, and put together a video to show at a keynote luncheon. (Video link here)
- Studio Facilities --We can set up an HD studio and editing facilities for use by convention participants and/or the news media. And we can create a broadcast booth on the convention floor.
- Radio Media Tours --Radio media tours are a popular and easy way to reach millions of listeners. They can be done from the studio DWJ sets up or from the comfort of the expert or celebrities hotel room.
- Radio News Release --Like the satellite news feed, a news release offers news of the convention via interviews with participants, which are then cut into 60-second spots that can be dropped into a newscast.
- Story Placement --If there is a particular event, issue or interview that you'd like to see in the news, DWJ can develop an alert and have our placement team start reaching out to their contacts.
- Website Outreach --With this service, we go through our extensive database of websites by subject matter and target sites that might be interested in video podcasts or other news from the convention. They can download the video or link to a DWJ url.
- Blogger Outreach --Bloggers are also targeted by subject matter and offered video from the convention. Pitching to websites and bloggers is done via email though there is also an option for one-on-one phone pitching.